Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 08:02:06 -0700

Hi Listmates -
I called Edward and Sons to inquire how wheat free some of their sauces
were.  I was concerned because until recently, they had specified on
their ingredient label that San-J Wheat Free Tamari Sauce was an
ingredient in their sauces, and I knew from experience that this San-J
product sometimes caused a gluten reaction for our sensitive daughter.
Their labels no longer indicate they use San-J sauce and I was assured
by the customer service representative (who has a daughter who self
diagnosed herself as gluten intolerant) that they were indeed gluten
free.  She and I discussed the problem of cross contamination and
although I did not get details about manufacturing, she understood the
issue and insisted that the products they list as gluten free were
indeed gluten free.

We love their worcestershire sauce, and so I am delighted that we can
use it again.  They also have a hoisin sauce that we are looking
forward to trying.

Below is the list of gluten-free products they offer.  They also have
an excel file indicating which products are free of casein, dairy, egg,
corn, soy, yeast, sweetners, and also which products are vegan.  They
are updating their website and perhaps this information will also be
listed on it.  You can find them at www.edwardandsons.com.

Jackie in AZ

I have no financial interest in this company, just wanted to share
information.

Brown Rice Snaps_
Unsalted Sesame
Tamari Sesame