From:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:17:52 -0400

My 18 year old celiac daughter just began nursing school and in today's
lecture was told that missed menstrual cycles due to low body weight cause
infertility. The longest she ever went without a cycle was about 4
months...last summer....she is fairly regular now but still occasionally
misses or has a very light cycle. She has noticed that if she drops below
103 pounds that she usually doesn't menstruate but has been averaging 105
since GF in February. I would appreciate honest feedback. Let me hear from
you if you have been able to have children despite missed periods or if you
have been unable to conceive. She is upset, since the prof said even missed
cycles from last year will make a person unable to conceive. I'm sure the
teacher was unaware of my daughter's concerns but I wish she had been a
little more sensitive to the fact that she could have upset some of her
students who have dealt with irregular periods.
I will summarize, thanks a lot.
Kathy B