From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 01:15:17 -0500
It should come up running in standard windows 16 bit vga which is a pretty crummy picture.  Once you install the drivers for the card and do a restart it will look normal.  If you are getting no picture you need to check to see if the card is physically all the way seated in the PCI slot, and make sure the cable from it is plugged in at the computer and monitor ends.  You can also go into safe mode and do the installation from there. Press F5 right after the POST screen where it shows you the BIOS and checks memory and drives.  It should go into safe mode and you can install the drivers because the monitor, if it is properly connected and the card is seated ought to be in 16 bit color, standard default VGA in Windows.

>Appreciate all the help. We returned the AGP video card and got a PCI video
>card. We've just put it in but the directions that we had printed out from
>the cd say to click the start menu etc to run the set-up and installation.
>But since the monitor doesn't come up because the video card hasn't gone
>through set-up, we can't run the set-up. So, what now? Therapy?
>
>TIA, -Sharon

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.