From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:56:30 -0700
>> My personal opinion is that if you take the information on Eskimos as
truth,
>> then the information on the Hunza must also be seen as the truth. You
can't
>> have your cake and eat it too, as both cases seem to have about the same
>> amount of scientific backing.

Hmmm. I doubt very much most of us accept ALL sources as being equal. I,
for one, don't generally trust the Weekly World News even thought their
headlines can sometimes be very entertaining :)

I have read numerous articles both "pro" and "con" the so-called Hunza
health mystery. (Plus a ton of snake-oil salesman trying to sell anything
they can that can be related to the Hunza - can you believe "Hunza water"?)
I have yet to read opposing views of Eskimo health that did not take pre-
and post-western influences into account.

>> "the increased energy intake was caused primarily by higher carbohydrate
>> intake.... with a <snip>

Interesting that both sexes increased carb intake, but went opposite
directions regarding fat intake. I wonder why? It does explain, however,
the strange notion that the caloric intake did not increase
proportionately.