From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:01:00 -0400
I'm about 20 feet above sea level and all woods around me, each end of my
street is about 10-15 feet higher then where I live so I'm in a real hole, 2
meters, 440,  useless with out an outside antenna and even then I'm good in
some directions but not others,  NWS here is about 6 or 7 miles from me, but
I can barely hear them, my scanner has an antenna in the attic, that's a
good direction for it but I tried using it for 2 meters,  the next town over
I can't hear or hit anything in 1 direction though it's not real bad
everywhere else if I ever need it,  it's tough. I don't have any trouble
with HF though.  Not very much trouble anyway.