From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:29:58 -0000
Hi, have you got a firewall installed on your pc which might be blocking
access? Make sure you haven't got your network settings as high as you would
your internet settings.
(I did this myself one day after fiddling around, and had exactly the same
problem as you are experiencing which is why I'm wondering)
(a way to find out is to temporarily disable your firewall and see if it
sees the 'other' pc then)(that way, you'll know for sure if it's the
firewall settings)
Hope this helps
Michele Sayer

Hello

I've got a strange problem with my Windows XP home network.

The hardware is working OK. I can access the internet from the 'other'
PC.
'This' PC holds the internet connection.

But I can't access the network from 'this' PC. When I try to 'view
network
computers' ... I get a long delay ... then the error message:

"MShome is not accessable. You might not have permision to use this
network
resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you
have
access permissions. The list of servers for this work group is not
currently
available"

I've run the network wizard again .. but still no solution

Any advice will be appreciated

TIA ... Mick

---