Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:18:02 +1100
You're right Todd, its not a lot of steak, barely 3 or 4 mouthfuls! I am
trying to cut my protein down as per his suggestions but it leaves me
feeling hungry despite all the fat.

I can't imagine paleo eaters (by whatever definition) eating such a small
serve of meat in one meal. But then I'm guessing they didn't have to contend
with insulin resistance and maintaining a reasonable BG level.

Rosedale argues that eating more than a 20 gram serve raises insulin, BG and
leptin levels. Presumably he has a different take on Eades and Sears about
how much protein consumption prevents or lowers glyconeogenesis. I don't
(off the top of my head) know if there is a cut off  point for glucagon
amounts in relation to protein consumed to counteract insulin production but
perhaps this is also a factor.

He also raises the ammonia and urea arguments but his main thrust is that
reducing protein levels to less than 20 grams increases leptin sensitivity.
This is something that Eades and Sears presumably didn't take into
consideration.

Leonie