From:
First Last <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:10:24 -0400
Wally Day wrote:

>>The Beyond Vegetarianism website says they explain how our race has
>>adapted somewhat to this starchy diet.
>>

>I'm not sure what that has to do with my post, but, OK, I'll bite. What
>does it say? My visits to beyondveg.com revealed the exact opposite - that
>we have *not* adapted very much to grains (I assume that's what you meant
>by "startchy diet"). To which page within the site are you referring?

It has to do with your post because you said we're not supposed to eat
grains, but maybe we have adapted; therefore, maybe we _are_ supposed to
eat grains.  Here's the quote and URL: "In most respects, the changes in
diet from hunter-gatherer times to agricultural times have been almost
all detrimental, although there is some evidence we'll discuss later
indicating that at least some genetic adaptation to the Neolithic has
begun taking place in the approximately 10,000 years since it began."
(http://www.beyondveg.com/nicholson-w/hb/hb-interview1c.shtml)  I
looked, but I couldn't find the page where they discuss the evidence.

--
This message was sent with Thunderbird: http://www.getthunderbird.com/