From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:28:15 -0600
>I'd say ethnicity is a critical factor in your food choices...
>>From Frank Oski MD's book Don't Drink Your Milk,
>Prevalence of Lactase Deficiency,  Population Group in Healthy Adults
>Bantus 90%, Thais 90%, Japanese, Taiwanese 85%, Greenland Eskimos 80%,
Arabs
>78%, Ashkenazic Jews 78%, ....Finns 18%, American Whites 8%, Swiss 7%,
Danes
>2%.

Non-sequitur. Milk, at least on this list, is not considered to be paleo.
The original question was "is paleo for everyone". The answer is Yes, since
it is what our species is "supposed" to eat.

Milk may be tolerated by some, grains by others, but it should only be in
addition to the basics - paleo.

I posted that some are less lactose tolerant than others not to
prove/disprove the correctness of paleo, but to indicate that although some
adaptions have taken place we're still all made up of the same basic stuff
(genetic material).

Now, lest some decide I am attacking milk - I am not. I eat dairy products
on occasion because I am one of those fortunates of Northern European
descent who can. In fact, I think milk and "some" grains could easily fit
into a sub-category of the paleo diet called the "mesolithic diet". But, I
guess that would require another list :)

Just my humble opinions.....