Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:30:27 +0100
From: Andrew Shelley <<Which supermarket was this ? Never see anything like this in the local Tescos.>>

Tesco at Brent Cross NW London.

<<I suggest trying to find a farm shop>>

Going to Borough market is a lot closer for me then driving out of London... The Ginger Pig [Grange farm] has a stall at Borough and a superb shop in Moxon St. W1... their beef [English Longhorn] pork [Old Gloucester Old Spot, Tamworth, Berkshire] and lamb [Black Face] are all the best I've ever tasted ALL 100% grass-fed & pastured on the North Yorkshire moors, naturally reared [they don't even use artificial insemination for any of their livestock]... they're organic in all but the official seal of the Soil Assoc.

The meat is hung for about 4 weeks and NOTHING is vacuum packed which makes the meat much more succulent then the prepacked stuff... at both outlets they have professional butchers preparing the meat on the spot

As for their prices, they're the same or less than the organic stuff one gets at the major supermarkets where you have no idea how the animals were raised, fed or slaughtered... They don't have a web site but the farm's Tel No. is 01751 460 242

So... all in all... I guess I'm getting a pretty good deal :-)

Dedy