From:
Molly Kate McGinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 16:34:28 -0700
Isn't it funny the things people consider acceptable and unacceptable? I remember hecklers
shouting at me during anti-Vietnam demonstrations " Go Back Where You Came From!" --
to which my reply was generally -"What, you mean Seattle? What is your point?"

I don't need Oliva's respect, and I certainly don't care what she thinks. As I was noting just
the other day, this is a wildly cranky list... and she has provided a terrific example of the kind
of thinking that makes it so amusing. I personally have been trying to get a thread going
about the role of internecine quarrels on paleo access to food... Amazing to ME how few
people seem to be getting the point I am trying to make. Human beings will fight over just
about anything at the drop of the proverbial bearskin. Necessity has nothing to do with it.

Molly