From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 09:20:12 -0500
> I'm confused about two things.  Oils, and calcium.
>
> Can you all tell me what fats you use, and why?  Specifically I've
> seen where some people say yes to coconut oil, and others say no.
> Flaxseed oil?  Fish oil capsules?  Cod liver oil?  Canola?  Ray Peets,
> Enig, Cordain, etc---who do you go by?

>I use mainly olive oil to cook,
>occasionally butter or sesame oil for more flavor. It seems to work OK.
>I would use coconut oil if I could find some here.

I thought olive oil was ok cold but not good when used for cooking. I seem
to remember reading so on Mercola's site. As for coconut oil, which I use
daily, I order mine from www.tropicaltraditions.com. Mercola recommends it,
I love the taste and if you order a gallon shipping is free. I eat about 3
to 4 tablespoons a day and have seen great improvements with my metabolism
and more.