ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:52:13 -0400
Well, Jen,
Sometimes, reading the bible is  a matter of developing the discipline to
do so.  You may not understand why you are reading what you are reading
at the moment, but you are hiding God's word in your heart as a form of
discipline.  You don't know how God will use it in the future, but if
it's there for Him to use, He will.  For example, today, I was reading
Ezekiel 44.  I have no clue how God could ever use it in my life, but in
faithfulness, I read it anyway and did my best to get something out of it
and now, it's there when God needs it.  It is true to that the more you
read a passage, the deeper you go.  Jeremiah used to be a tough book for
me, but I really took the time to dig into it a while back and got to
know it like the back of my hand, and I'm just amazed at how relevant
that book is for today.  It's the perfect book for today, but if I had
stuck to the familiar passages, and only the ones that I like, I would
have missed that altogether.
Kathy

Get your name as your email address.