ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 19:50:27 -0600
Last week, one of our long time secretaries at work lost her husband.  He
was only 55, and he had been having health issues for sometime.  Last year
at this time he had brain surgery which was a success.  Nobody has actually
mentioned the cause of his death.  The funeral was on Saturday.  I wasn't
able to go.  But some of my co-workers, the ones I thought the most unlikely
by my judgement, attended and said that the funeral was joyful, though there
were tears.  It evidently was a real witness for this fact to come up
several times.  I gather from the comments made that the gospel was plainly
preached without compromise.  Pray that God will continue to work in hearts
and even that those of us who are Christians might be sensitive to God's
leading and be able to continue to plant seeds, water seeds or reap the
harvest.  I'm glad I'm not the one called on to exercise judgement for those
likely to be impressed on by a witness as I would have missed it.  Also pray
for Carolyn and her family.  She has no kids at home now and I know things
won't be easy for her.

Vicki