ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 19:41:53 -0600
Intercessors On The Move

                         By Phil Scovell

     I was visiting a church once called The Church On The Move.
I went three times and didn't see all that much spiritual movement
myself but then, I'm naturally critical.  Besides, it is the
Lord's fault.  He's the one who called me to be an intercessor
and a prophet.  Anyhow, the preaching in this church is good.  Not
as good as my preaching, but that goes without saying.
Regardless, the preaching is very good and very faith based and
that's a good thing.

     So, one day, during the pastor's sermon, he was trying to
explain how we need to control our emotions.  He was focusing that
day on joy and how to be a happy Christian.  Of course, joy and
happiness are two totally different things.  Happiness you can get
of a hit from a joint or a snort of powder up your nose or a swig
from a bottle of booze or from a roll in the hay with a beautiful
woman.  Joy is uniquely God because it is His character and you
can't joy from any human experience.  but I digress.

     In the pastor's sermon, as he tried to explain that we had to
work at being joyful as a Christian, odd, though, I thought that
Jesus did all the work, but again, I digress.  As the pastor was
trying to explain how to work at being joyful in the Lord
throughout your life, he used intercessors as an example, howbeit,
a poor example, of joyfulness.  He said that all intercessors were
joyless people and walked around acting sad all the time.
Strange, I know a lot of intercessors and I don't know one who is
like he described.  Anyhow, he then said, they need the joy of the
Lord in their life.  He said, intercessors had a bad attitude
about life in general.  They thought they carried the church and
if they didn't pray for you, you would be in trouble.  Again,
quite unusual because I don't know a single intercessor who has
this attitude and I bet I know way more intercessors than he does.
I'm beginning to wonder who this pastor hangs out with if he is
getting this sort of feelings from intercessors.

     Since this pastor has very little idea what an intercessor
is, let me tell you.  They are people who carry burdens for those
who cannot carry them.  They are people who pray for, and with,
others in agreement.  They are people who fast for others when
called upon to do so by God.  They are people who will do
spiritual battle for others who are to spiritually sick to do it
for themselves.  They often are called upon to confront demons and
demonic forces because God allows them to see what others often
never see or know.  They are people who lift others up before the
Lord; not take them down.  They are people who deliver God's love,
through prayer, to those who cannot feel God's love any longer.
They are people whom the Lord reveals truth about others, without
giving them permission to speak to that person about what they
know concerning their problem, but affords the intercessor a great
opportunity to intercede for that one in need.  these are but a
few things an intercessor is and does.

     finally, unlike some pastors, intercessors never pick
themselves to be intercessors.  If they do, they very quickly
learn they are not called because they get beat up in the
spiritual realm before they can set one foot inside the door.  The
only thing worse is being called to serve God as a prophet.
Especially when most people believe the last prophet died out with
the last apostle; whoever he was.

I Flew Kites With Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com