ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:45:52 -0700
Chester is now almost 11 months old and although he still doesn't really say
words, he is learning to imitate various sounds including whistling certain
ways.  Lately, however, with colds and all, he has begun to imitate the
blowing of the nose and coughing.  He thinks it is pretty funny, too.  He
also imitates the high pitched beeping of my radio shack watch.  It does a
double beep and I made it beep one day checking something and he immediately
mimicked it.  He does that all the time now.  He has almost gotten the
electronic ringing of the telephone down, too.  I say thank you to him all
the time and he mimics the sound of the words and once and awhile, it sounds
like he is saying the words to me.  You are supposed to squirt him down once
a week, at least, for a bath but he does not like the mist squirt bottle we
have at all.  So we bought a perch that you can put in the shower.  He sits
up on the thing a couple of times a week now and since it is up higher, he
gets all that steam and he's happy once he gets out and back into his cage
and sings and makes all sorts of sounds.  Of course, he isn't in the spray
of the shower so he is just getting the steam.

Phil.