ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:04:52 -0600
Hi,
The bible, starting around James 3 tells us that the tongue has a
disproportionate affect on the world, more so than any other part of the
body.  The tongue is compared to a bit in a horses mouth, a ship's rutter
and fire.
James 3 6 says, and a tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity.  The tongue is
so set among our members that it defiles the whole body and sets on fire the
course of nature and it is set on fire by hell.
The bible said all of this long ago and look at all of the ways we have
found in present day to transport our words?
News papers, televisions, radioed, computers, telephones, signs and
billboards, graffiti.  I think it was said that the evil will not go to hell
but that the world will become hell, a sea of fire.
If we consider that we can start fires with our words, can we not imagine
the world already a ball of fire?
Our words don't just bounce short distances between antenna and along wires
anymore, we pour them down from saddlelights in massive torrents.  We can't
even take in all of the words available to us in our own homes today even if
we wanted too.  We would be overwhelmed if we attempted it.
Rutters are relatively small things but they steer huge ships, bits are
small pieces of metal and they can control where large animals step and we
all know what small fires are capable of doing.
So, when you click on the tv, pick up a phone or book, prepare to slip your
tongue
into an email envelope or just open your mouth to speak, be mindful of the
energy you are taking hold of and don't just be the person on the back of
the horse, or the passenger on the ship or the one standing in line
waiting for a roasted weenie.  Those are allowing someone else to wield
power which is fully within there own grasp.  If you are not pointing the
way for the horse to go, steering the ship or controlling the fire, then the
evil one can sees control quite easily and then, not only are you doomed,
but you can bring doom on others or at least put it out there for them to
take hold of.
Consider the fraise, "I was in aw of the terrible event, my mouth just
dropped open.
When your mouth drops open in aw, you automatically display that which you
too can cause aw.  From that gaping mouth of aw out peeps the small innocent
looking tongue.

Matt

Proverbs 15 4
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the
spirit.