From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:02:29 -0400
Well, I don't know if this will ever catch on as there are a handfull of
these systems here, and there is analogue encryption out there like those
used on baby room monitors and cordless phones that sound much like SSB
when heard, but is really a scrambling code.  I think that there is maybe
one or two MPT-1327 systems that are used for public safety in the states,
and I don't know about the mode the voice coms are carried out on, but
when I initially heard this earlier I thought either analogue encryption
or SSB.