From:
Lowell Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:49:32 -0400
Hi Jerry:

Yes, there is enough information read out that you can correctly set each of
the menus.
I am totally blind and have very few problems with the set up.
I also started ham radio in the fifties and have successfully made the
change: HI HI.
I have the TS-2000 manual on tape from Handihams and from that made a
braille chart of the 63 menus so I can set things just the way I want it.
In fact, if you use braille, I could send you my list.
I truely think you will really enjoy the 2000!
The only thing I have trouble setting is the sub-tones for the repeaters in
the area.
I also have the computer program for controling the 2000 which is also
speech friendly.
I hope this will encourage you!
73
Lowell W8QIY