From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:49:39 -0700
Way to go Howard! When I ran the 2 meter traffic net
back in Arizona in the early 90's, I had my brailler
on top of my yaesu ft101 on the desk in front of me,
and the 2 meter rig was left of that, so I always held
the mic in my left hand anyway. The preamble was on a
sheet of paper, I read that and put it aside. The net
didn't get more than about 20 checkins, and traffic
was usually passed on freq, being a training net. I
generally had enough time to put a new sheet of paper
in when I needed to, checkins and traffic passed were
on the same papers, and I tallied them up in my head
toward the end for the report to the net manager if he
was around, wrote it down for next time if he wasn't.
If I was going to take traffic myself I'd switch to a
blank sheet to write it down and switch back. Just let
everybody know that you're knew at this, and give you
some slack. Sighted folks have trouble coordinating
things their first time too.

73
Shawn