From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:46:45 -0400
Hi Darrell.

Have you actually gotten better results with the Trusted Assistive
Technology?  I haven't had real good luck with Adobe 6.0, and ended up
dropping back to Adobe 5.1 after experiencing very slow loads with JFW 5.0,
and in some cases not very much talking.  It was especially a problem on my
machine at work, which unfortunately, is only a Pentium II.  Anyhow,  I
kind of had the feeling that at least on the JFW side of things that the
screen reader hasn't taken full advantage of this technology.  Are other
folks having good luck with Adobe 6?  Is this something I should go back
and revisit?

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 06:11 PM 7/1/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Louis,
>
>Agreed, but this problem should be minimized considerably with screen
>reader's use of a technology called Trusted Assistive Technology which is
>part of Adobe's interface with screen readers.  This technology permits
>reading with a screen reader like JAWS but does not permit copy/paste and
>similar things that lend themselves to document piracy.  Authors should be
>permitted to protect their work so long as it does not unnecessarily hurt us
>blind people in the process.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]