From:
Dave Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 17:10:59 -0400
hi, Best combo i've found with my 570DG is the heil, think its an HM10, that
is the one with two elements; the 4 and 5. Constantly get good reports and
people often ask what i'm using. have also found with that mike, i am
usually better off using no speech processor at all. it has enough gain and
since has a nice and wide frequency response, often the processor only
muddies the waters. The hand mike that comes with it is ok, and had same one
on the TS440 and sounded great, but not as good with the 570. ofcourse there
are several different eq's you can set and with a hand mike I'm sure it
would make a difference. it is certainly an easy radio to operate, and john,
you were the one to send me a text file of quick start commands which let me
get up and going on my own within about 20 minutes. For the money just can't
think of a rig i like better. Even though i have the omni six plus, i still
find myself using the 570 quite often and if you go through all of the
settings in menues, there are plenty to adjust with DSP etc. that can help.
73, Dave W4CI