From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 21:02:04 -0700
Hi All,

This is a little different kind of a message but I want all to know my
experience and then I will tell you about availability of a radio.  I first
want to sing the praises, in terms of accessibility, of the Grundig YB-400PE
as currently sold by Radio Shack.  While I gave up a little over my Sony
SW-100S, in terms of features, I gained much in accessibility as far as
operation by a totally blind person.  On the Grundig I am able to set
memories, frequencies, time and alarms with no sighted help whatsoever.  It
is very accessible.  Much more so than either the SW-100S or the Sangean
ATS-909 I had before it.

Now, with that said, for those of you who have enough vision to operate a
radio and want dynamite in a small package, my Sony SW-100S is now for sale.
For those who may not be familiar with this radio it offers synchronous
detection, upper and lower SSB and CW receive capability and coverage
including LW/MW/SW and FM from 76 through 108 mHz in a package just a little
bigger than a cassette box or a pack of cigarettes.  The package has a
matching active antenna powered from the radio, the AC adapter, earphones, a
little suction cup to hold the antenna to a window, the manual and a
shortwave guide.  I have all original packaging and the radio is in pristine
condition.  I have used this strictly as my bedside listening receiver.
Again, for a total it might not be the ticket but for someone with some
vision left, it would be great.  I am asking $195 for this package which
sold originally for $350.  For a fellow blind ham I will throw in a little
case I bought at a local camera shop which will hold the whole package for
traveling.

Take care all and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX