From:
"David R. Basden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 11:21:10 -0700
I can do you one better.  I let my conditional class license lapse, so had to start over.  I took the novice, tech, general, advanced, and extra class tests in immediate succession at the FCC field office in San Francisco.  They let one of the junior employees, a very nice young woman, give me the tests orally and take my responses orally.  They told me I had passed each one before giving me the next one.  When I passedd finished the extra test and passed it, they gave me the code test.  When I passed the one-minute of sollid copy at 20wpm by giving the text orally, I had to send with a straight key for a minute or so just to show I could use a key properly.  I walked out after 4.5 hours with the knowledge I had an extra class license coming.  Of course it took a while to arrive in the mail.  This all took place on Friday the 13th in 1976.  You can be certain I won't let my license lapse again, hi!.

73,

Dave, A F 6 Y