From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 13:13:32 -0400
That's interesting you mention that.  I bought my first 900 MHz phone while
in college and it was about a month before graduating.  The reason I
replaced it was because my old phone/answering machine was getting worn out,
but when I bought this phone and was in a dorm where it is awfull getting a
signal in or out in some places the phone worked great.  I could go outside
the dorm and down the street and even into one of my classroom buildings and
could get messages and make calls as though I was back in my room.  I would
take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the class building I was in, and could
use my phone with no problem when standing near a window.  However, at this
house I have tried nearly every trick in the book, including setting the
phone in a window up stairs and don't get nearly as far as I used to in that
first floor dorm room.  It also is note worthy that when I left the dorm I
would have to cross the hall and go out a door on the other side of the
hall, and it worked out that way.