From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 07:54:32 -0700
Sounds like a great topic for somebody's doctoral
thesis, get a representative sample of dislexics, and
a control group, and try to teach them all the code.
Maybe as an extra control, teach braille to 2 similar
groups, blind-folded if sighted. I'll bet it's not the
sort of thing you'd come across in text books, and
Morse code is a unique type of communication. You
could say "well what about jungle drums?, but jungle
drums don't use a phonetic alphabet. It's not quite
the same for them, I think, as reading. You can always
while once a character of morse code is heard, it's
gone, unless you cheat and record it. It would be
interesting if you could get some of your students
interested enough in ham radio to try and learn the
code, those with dislexia that is. Sometimes when I
get curious about something, I forget that all I have
to do is Google it, guess I'll have to google this
subject and see what's already out there. Only having
been on-line 10 months, it still blows me away that I
can wonder about something, and find out in 20 minutes
or less, *grin* I certainly respect your expertise,
I'm just a big dumby throwing out what ifs, *grin*.

http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html