From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:29:27 -0400
Hi, Lou here.

In addition to John's comments, let me add that the 1 key switches the
filters for the 8.83 MHz I-F while the 2 key switches the filters for the
455 khz I-F.  Also the speech button is at the bottom of the column of keys
immediately to the left of the vfo knob.  The UP/DOWN band buttons are to
the right of the vfo knob, and the key above the right band button toggles
the band buttons between ham bands and 1 MHz steps.  The two keys above the
left band button are your RIT and XIT buttons, but I can't remember which
is which.  The keys above the MHz button are A=B, SPLIT, and A./B going
from bottom to top.  The keys to the left of the A/B and SPLIT keys are
your Memory IN and Memory Recall buttons.  I don't remember all of the
number keys on the number pad, but hopefully this will help you figure out
some more of the radio.

73, de Lou K2LKK

P.S.  I have the TS-690S which is a 450 with 6 meters added, and I have
found it to be a little easier to operate than the TS-440S.  I've had mine
for 11 years, and it has been a darn good radio.

At 07:07 AM 4/26/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>HI John.  I had a 440 and loved it, but I had to sell it for finantial
>reasons.  I would love to get a 570 some day, or if I am really going to
>dream, a TS200!  GRIN!  Actually, I don't think I would want that rig as
>my only radio, because I don't like putting all of my eggs in one basket.
>  But, the possibilities are endless as to what one could do with a rig
>like that, especially using it as a remote base, which I love to do.
>
>Thanks for the key layout that you remember.  I did a google search but
>didn't come up with anything.  I do have a friend here locally who is
>blind who uses the 450, I think, so I may give him a call later and see
>if he has anything.  Thanks again.
>
>73:
>J. J.

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]