From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:55:10 -0400
OK,   I have that radio now for packet,  no, the speech board will not work,
there is no speech board for the TM241. My microphone will not control the
radio but I don't have the original one which is why it's a good packet
radio.  It's a different mic plug form the TMV7A too, the 241 has the older
style plug, the round 8 pin one like the HF radios have, not the modular one
like the newer radios have.  It's good enough for packet, but I'd say it's
just not as blind friendly as it could be though it might be if the right
mic will work to enter frequencies.