Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:37:16 -0700
> > The number of the race of man is increasing.
>
> It is not possible for the human carrying capacity of the earth to have
been
> exceeded, whilst at the same time having an increasing human population.
Hence
> my original assertion, that the carrying capacity has not yet been
exceeded.

what do you call carrying capacity ?it is certainly possible to continue
population growth to the point where may be each human is living off the
oxygene and food produced by algae for ex . it might means that most of the
actual flora and fauna be limited to what humans can eat , we can dream of a
world like that ,tho we can expect from ecological awareness that a minimum
diversity of species is needed for a whole system to" hold water"
 some even think about using the nearest "livable " planet .

i will agree with you that overpopulation could not be a problem in itself
but that is a problem of modern human  footprint a problem of unwareness of
SELF ,  that is way beyond a healthy and supportive relationship with the
rest of the species .
Masanobu fukuoka with Natural way of farming estimate that on a primitive
traditional japanese life style with foods produced on untilled ground and
natural farming philosophy can sustain 80 time the actual population .( he
demonstrated than quarter of an acre of rice is able to produce enough rice
to feed a familly on a rice based diet with the earth staying at his highest
level of perpetual fertility with 2 or 3 days of work a year  for one
person --- that is way higher than industrial farming

Yet peoples loose track of what it means to be part of the web of life ,
they loose tracks of the responsibility of any species to be contibuating
factor in the well being of the whole ( like if a type of cell in your body
wanting to reproduce at a higher rate that the others --- in medecine they
call it cancer )

so for now at this present rate of "developement" ( that is  living off the
past and future possible ressources ), earth can't sustain forever the
artificial life style we impose on ourselves ( when you makes in a corner a
pile of leaves to increase fertility sooner or later the fertility void you
created by scraping the leaves away is going to call for balance .... the
wind blow up and there you are ....)

yes we can build castles of cards but how solid are they ?

yes we can build civilisations and empires but on which ruins and graves
they rise , how long do they last , what pains are created with their rising
and fall   ?

how much useless suffering comes from this unawareness of the interdepency
of all beings ?.
All my relations
jean-claude