Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 17:55:29 -0700
--- Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Andrea;
>
> Thanks for the responses - I have forwarded your
> post to him and will speak
> to him later about the book. [Dr. Bernstein's
Diabetes Solution]

By the way, did you go
> to [the clinic]

No, I didn't.  Basically when I was diagnosed with
diabetes they gave me a standard 1800 calorie
high-carb diet (225 grams/day, not counting veges).
But I joined the diabetes email list at yahoo, and
there were several people at that time who swore by
the low-carb approach.  I was skeptical, but
eventually experimented with reducing my carbs, and it
worked well for me.  I did read some of the Zone
books, and Protein Power, as well as the Atkins books.

But then, I never follow anything exactly....read as
much as I can, mix and match, and add my own ideas.

is it necessary if
> one reads the book?

I wouldn't think so.  It would depend on how
independent-minded one is, and what other health
issues may be involved.  Certainly it is very helpful
to have a medical professional who supports the
approach one is using...but whether it is essential is
a personal issue.

Andrea