Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 22:30:59 -0700
> On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 10:41, Boel wrote:
> > I read somewhere that the brain does not feel that you are  full  until
20 minutes has passed. Therefore I suggest 1) eat slowly and 2) make pauses
during the meal. I, for one, eat much to fast!

> Does this also happen when eating only raw?
> Anyone?

In the instinctive eating framework when foods are eaten in their natural
(undenatured)  state one by one and chosen by sense of smell and intake
regulated by sense of taste , there is no experience of fullness but satiety
( a very different feeling that is not related to volume in stomach ). and
there is no 20 minutes to experience that , it can be experienced very
shortly after starting and is not dependant on quantity but on the ability
of the food ingested to satisfy metabolic needs .
this happens before any absorption took place just direct message to the
brain from the nose and feed back to it ( making the taste change once
metabolic needs are felt to be met .
that is an amazing precise phenomenon( alliesthesia = modification of
sensoriel perception ) that have been studied very little and mostly with
animals .

but because the reseachers are eating denatured and mixed foods  they don't
have the insights to ask the right questions and are far from understanding
the significance of alliesthesic response to foods .

when we eat raw but mixed the body is confused not being genetically
prepared or adapted  to eat that way ( without containers hard to makes
salads or soups  ) and this can't be experienced fully . when cooked it is
even worse as new aromatic compounds are created  that din't exist in the
first place .( especially the combinaison between sugars and protein
molecules )

so in those contexts ( raw mixed or cooked ) the alliesthesic barrier is
bypassed and we are left with our stomachs to let us know when enough is
enough .

animals who knows by instinct very well what to eat and in which quantity
are also confused when presented to tranformed foods or "foods" ( hello
Todd;-) ) not specific to the species  and can't stop ( an herbivorous
presented to naked grains will eat till full and will die).

jean-claude