Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 18:45:46 +0100
From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On May 09, 2004, at 3:28 am, Rose wrote:

> It seems like if I give up dairy I've given up a lot alakline, re the
> whole acid/alakaline thing which I'm just beginning to look at.  I'm a
> 43 yr old woman having signs of early menopause, so calcium is a
> concern.

Rose,

As far as I know, nuts are the best source of calcium in a paleo diet,
and also contain a good balance of magnesium too.  Anyone know
different?

I'm a little puzzled though, why you think that you will be giving up
more alkaline foods if you give up dairy- I thought dairy was an
acid-forming food.  Surely you can just eat more veg?

To add to the discussion, I read this a while back:
http://www.4.waisays.com/  It explains why excess calcium causes
osteoporosis, rather than prevents it.  The argument is very
convincing, to my uneducated ears at least.

Ash