Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 05:30:44 -0800
> I have never heard of a person whose asthma improved
> significantly through
> dietary change.

Welll...in a way it can depend on how you look at it.
I used to get severe bronchial spasms - the way the
doctor explained it, not full-blown asthma but some of
its components.  The attacks could be triggered by
respiratory infections, cold air, humidity,
allergies.... I also have been diagnosed with
nonallergic rhinitis, which led to frequent and severe
sinus infections from the chronic congestion.

Well, losing weight and exercising more helped a lot
to reduce the severity and frequency of the bronchial
spasms and sinus infections.  Since going mostly
paleo, the chronic congestion is much better as well -
I know if I am at a party and can't resist the
pastries or other flour-based treats, I will make up
the next morning all stuffed up.

So if dietary changes and weight loss (which of course
is a consequence of dietary change) result in less
congestion, less severe allergic reactions, and fewer
repiratory infections, and as a result the asthma
improves, is that asthma improvement through dietary
change?  If I still need my inhaler every time I get a
sinus infection, but haven't had one for the past
year,  I count that as significant improvement.

Andrea