C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:12:52 -0800
hi, guys. i visited and endocrinologist today for an
out of whack thyroid. i was told not to hold it
against my MD or do, they do not know better.

tabs ARE checked for thyroid problems using a "tsa"
blood test. works great for a TAB, not so for a person
with cp, stroke, or any other brain injury type
condition. because of the pituitary gland interface
with the thyroid a person with a brain injury needs a
blood test for "t4" levels in the blood. with this the
proper strength meds can be prescribed. with my
thyroid in swings of the hormone levels, is a
contributor to my wild blood pressure swings of late.

thought this might help some of you now and some more
of you later on.

cp throws another curve ball to my doc!!!