C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:08:57 -0400
7bit
From:
Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Michael Collis wrote:

> Mag,  Netscape 7.1 is the best of the browser and email software
> bundles.  I like it.  You can delete spam on it, and it allows one to
> train it so that it recognizes spam. and lets the other emails alone..

I just can't seem to leave well enough alone here, but...

I am not a fan of using a browser for email. Yes Netscrape will act as a
rudimentary mail client, but it's a _browser_. I'm a firm believer in using
task-specific tools. Use a browser for the web, a newsreader for usenet, and
a dedicated email client for mail. This whole movement toward web-based this
and web-based that is, I think, detrimental to the online user experience in
general.

really heading back under his rock this time...

Brent