From:
Melanie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melanie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:03:22 -0600

Hi everyone,

Ok.... out the 25 emails I received 23 said YES it is gluten free and
two people said straight out NO not gluten free!

Millet is not even in the same family as wheat apparently, it falls into
the same category as Amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa.  If you react to
millet, I was told, you may have an intolerance or allergy to millet.

It seems like some react to Millet and some don't depending on how
sensitive your stomach is but it is not because Millet has gluten in it.
The cross contamination apparently, is extremely high in the
manufacturing plants and also when picked on the farms.

There is a company that sells lots of products that contain millet
called Deland in the US.  Lots of my responses said they eat their
products that contain millet without a problem.

I guess some even react to McCann's Irish oatmeal which IS gluten free,
personally I don't, and have been eating about 1 tin every two weeks.  I
am very sensitive.  I was soooo happy when I found that out. (o: (o:

I am attaching a document for you to read... it is pretty interesting.
Hopefully you are able to open it.

Thanks again to everyone for their responses!  I am going to check the
health food stores we have here in Calgary, Alberta Canada to see if
anyone carries Deland Co products.  Hopefully! (o:

Sincerely,
Melanie