From:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 02:22:44 -0500

Hi listmates!

Necessity is the mother of invention! I'd been really struggling with not
being able to make our families favorite holiday foods since my 13, YO
sons DX last year.

This Passover I will delight in being able to replace my children's
beloved Matzah Pizza with this Pizza Blintz . It tastes great and is easy
to make. Use your favorite toppings. I will be also using
Manashewitz’s Mashed Onion Potatoes with added cheese to make a
mock perogie which, being from the ‘Burg (Pittsburgh, perogies!) my
son really misses!!

Blintz Crepes

4 eggs
4 Tbsp. potato starch
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. salt
oil for frying

In a small bowl beat eggs lightly, add salt. In another bowl, mix potato
starch with water until dissolved. Combine mixtures. Keep mixing to
keep starch from settling.

Heat 1-2 tbsp. oil to coat hot skillet, reduce heat to low. Pour 1/3 cup
batter into pan and tilt to coat. I used a 10’ skillet for a bigger crepe.
Turn crepe after about a minute and cook a few seconds longer.
Grease pan in between crepes.

Filling

1-2 tbsp. chunky tomato sauce
small handful chopped green onion, diced mushrooms, zucchini,
chopped
parsley and dill
1 tbsp. shredded cheese

Place filling on bottom third of crepe. roll over once or twice, tuck in
sides and continue to roll up. Smear a small amount of the batter on
the flap to seal and bake in oven for 15 on 350º to heat through. I let
mine cool and wrapped individually in Saran wrap to freeze for future
use.

No-Matzah “Stuffing” Casserole  Preheat 375º

Chopped
Zucchini, summer squash, 2 green onions, 1-2 carrots, 4 stalks
celery, 4 big mushrooms, 2-3 cloves garlic, handful fresh parsley and
dill.

16 oz. bag of frozen chopped broccoli (chop it into smaller pieces)

Whisk 6 eggs with 2 1/2 Tbsp.. potato starch, add salt, pepper and 1
tsp. powdered chicken broth.

Grease 9” x 13” glass pan.

Add vegetables, pour egg mixture into pan and bake for 1 hour
uncovered.

Hope you enjoy these and happy holidays!

Cathy