From:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:04:04 -0500

Listmates,

This is a post script to Anne's earlier post.  My issue of the April
2004 Health Magazine arrived this afternoon and was I impressed.
There on page 140 was the article that Anne told us about.  In the
middle of the answer to the question is a picture (4.5 inches high)
of a plate of  brownies with a bag of Bob's Red Mill GF Brownie Mix
with Gluten Free across the top of bag.  A great visual to add
emphasis to the answer.

The cheesecake on the opposite page looks wonderful too.  Too bad
Philadelphia Cream Cheese didn't add the GF headline too!

Do write letters to Health Magazine (thanks for the article answering
the label question about "what is gluten free?") and to Philadelphia
Cream Cheese/Kraft Foods (point out that the cheesecake is gluten
free and that it appeared opposite the article).

Betsy
Austin, Texas

Health Magazine:  This is the "Ask Us Anything" e-mail--
http://www.health.com/health/mind/aua_form/0,19086,,00.html

Philadelphia Cream Cheese: I sent a note/comment under the contact us
section at this URL  http://www.kraftfoods.com/cream-cheese-recipes/

Anne's message:
Once again we are getting some positive press. The April 2004 Health
magazine has an article on page 140 entitled: "What does it mean when a
food is labeled 'gluten-free'?".  The article goes on to explain a
little bit about celiac disease, what gluten is, where it is found,
and the increasing availability of GF foods. It is great to see
another article which helps to spread the word.  Interestingly, the
article ran opposite an advertisement for Kraft Philadelphia Cream
Cheese with a great looking lo-carb cheesecake recipe that is gluten
free.  The crust is made from ground almonds!