From:
Mandy Kavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mandy Kavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:25:49 -0500

My 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with CD this past August.  A month or
so after being on the diet we saw 100% improvement in her behavior, appetite
and bowel functions.  She is doing tremendously well on her diet and is
probably more healthy than any of the rest of us.  Nobody else in my
immediate family has been tested due to circumstances too lengthy to list.
My mother however was tested by her dermatologist at my prompting. She has
suffered with constant itching and little red bumps that come up every now
and again for almost 4 years.  My first thought was DH.  When she asked her
dermatologist to test her, the dermatologist said she has never heard of DH
but agreed to do the test.  Of course, the derm. Said the test was negative.

A few weeks ago my mother's Gyn did some blood tests to check her thyroid.
She was told that the test showed that more than likely she had an under
active thyroid. . They scheduled her for some sort of scan where she had to
take a radio active pill.  That test came back negative.  Still thinking she
had an under active thyroid, the doctor ran a more extensive blood test that
also came back negative.  My mother is now very discouraged because she
feels so bad but according to the doctors, nothing is wrong.  She also has
sarcoidosis, which is an auto immune disease that affects the lungs.  Her
other symptoms are fatigue, her heart races, and she itches constantly.  I
have also observed that she has frequently had to rush off to the nearest
bathroom after we have eaten out.  Another of my observations is that she
has always been very emotional and moody. I honestly think she suffers with
depression.

Any advice you can give me, especially from MD's and nurses on this list as
well as people who have had the same experience, would be greatly
appreciated.