From:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:18:35 -0600

Hello Everyone:

CAROL FENSTER FEATURED IN WOMAN'S WORLD MAGAZINE

In case you missed it, I was mentioned in a small, yet powerful article
on the gluten-free diet in the July 1, 2003 issue of Woman's World
magazine. It's one of the magazines you see at the check-out stand in
the grocery store and has a tremendously large readership. So, we got
the word out to thousands of people with one little article in their
expert advice section called "House Call".

GLUTEN-FREE FRIENDS: An Activity Book for Kids by Nancy Patin Falini,
MA, RD, LDN Late next month, this new book for kids ages four through 11
will be available. Through delightful illustrations and age-appropriate
learning experiences, the book is designed to help children understand
the gluten-free diet and how to choose the right foods to stay healthy.
We'll start taking orders in September and will offer special group
discounts. This is a book for all families with gluten-free children!

GLUTEN-FREE LIVING CONFERENCE IN SAN DIEGO, CA Don't miss Ann Whalen's
Gluten-Free Living conference in San Diego, September 5-7. I'm a guest
speaker along with lots of other people you won't want to miss. Sunny
San Diego is hard to beat in September. For more information, send an
e-mail to [log in to unmask]

DINNER AT MY HOUSE TONIGHT! A couple dozen volunteers who helped at the
GIG conference in Denver will be dining at my house tonight. Heres's a
preview of what we're having for dinner:

1. A HUGE salmon flown in by Cynthia Kupper and Nancy Kloberdanz of GIG
as a special thank-you! I've nicknamed this pound guy "Big Sammy" and
he's destined for my barbecue grill tonight.

2. Pasta Salad made with the fabulous Dr. Shar penne that I discovered
in Tuscany when I was there with Living Without magazine a few years
ago. It tastes just like the real thing! The recipe is in Wheat-Free
Recipes & Menus.

3. A wonderful Spinach Salad with Strawberries found in my book
Gluten-Free (Special Diet) Celebrations.

4. Peach Cobbler and Apricot Cobbler made with Colorado-grown fruit
that's in its prime right now. The recipe is in my new book, Gluten-Free
101.

5. Easy-to-fix summer salads of sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, and
mozzarella cheese drizzed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. And,
sliced oranges, kalamata olives, red onions, and cilantro drizzled with
red wine vinegar and olive oil. These salads are extremely simple and
require no recipe. And, they look beautiful!

6. Fabulous gluten-free bread from the new Outside the Bread box bakery
in Colorado Springs owned by Rick & Pam Hasty. Visit
www.outsidethebreadbox.com for more information.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS FEATURES ARTICLE ON FOOD SENSITIVITIES Our local
paper, Rocky Mountain News, will feature an article on food
sensitivities this coming Monday. Janet Simons, who attended the GIG
conference here in Denver in June because her son is wheat-allergic,
wrote the article and interviewd many, many experts (me included) on the
topic. It's taken months to get this article (I started contacting Janet
last January) and it points out that to get publicity for our
gluten-free topic we need to start early and work hard.

SUBSCRIBE TO CAROL'S CULINARY CUES Join the other savvy cooks who
subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter called CArol's Culinary Cues. It's
chock-full of helpful tips to make life easier in the kitchen. Go to
www.savorypalate.com to subscribe.

Carol Fenster, Ph.D.- President/Founder
Savory Palate, Inc.
8174 South Holly, #404
Centennial, CO 80122-4004
(800)741-5418   http://www.savorypalate.com
Award-winning Cookbooks for food allergies, celiacs, autism