Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:22:12 -0500

Dear List mates,

Thanks for all who took the time to reply to my request for a GF pignoli recipe. Here is a summary of the replies I received. I haven't made the cookies yet because I need to buy almond paste. I'll start with the flourless one first then try substituting a GF flour mix on my second attempt. What prompted me to post my request for a recipe was because I bought a huge bag of pignoli nuts at Costo!

Several people suggested using www.google.com and entering gluten free pignoli cookies. When I did that lots of great web sites came up with the recipe like I was looking for as well as other GF cookie recipes. I use google all the time, but never used it to search for recipes until today! Thanks for that Internet tip.
Another suggestion was to use a recipe that calls for flour and substite Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour.

Another web site was www.ciaoitalia.com--Click on Biscotti then click on Next --listcontinues --come to Pine Nut Cookies--click for recipe.  Substitute gluten free flour mix . FYI - lots of other great Italian recipes at this site too. I've already bookmarked this site for future reference!

One suggestion for recipe was to go to the Delphi CD Forum for the recipe and another person emailed the very same recipe.  This one looks very simple and has only a few ingredients so I plan to try this one first. Here it is:

Pignoli Cookies

They are pleasantly sweet, made with almond paste and pine nuts, but no flour. Prep Time: approx. 30 Minutes.

Cook Time: approx. 18 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 1 Hour 10 Minutes. Makes 3 dozen cookies.

Ingredients:

Twelve ounces almond paste

One half cup white sugar

One cup confectioners' sugar

Four egg whites

One and one half cups pine nuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).Line the cookie sheets with foil; lightly grease foil. Mix almond paste and granulated sugar in food processor until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and 2 egg whites; process until smooth. Whisk remaining 2 egg whites in small bowl. Place pine nuts on shallow plate. With lightly floured hands roll dough into 1 inch balls. Coat balls in egg whites, shaking off excess, then roll in pine nuts, pressing lightly to stick. Arrange balls on cookie sheets, and flatten slightly to form a 1 1/2 inch round. Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

Thank you again to all who replied to my post and happy baking!

Joyce from
New Jersey