VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 03:57:07 -0800
Hi,

What version of JAWS are you running?  I use Outlook 2003 daily with JAWS
6.0 and was with 5.X without any problems.

You need to configure the program for the way you prefer to read mail and
such.  Specific changes I make are:

1. On the View menu ensure that Navigation Pane is checked.  This is the
folder list.
2. For each folder, on the View menu under expand/collapse groups, ensure
that always show unread and flagged messages is unchecked.  This simply
means that if you are showing messages by a view like conversation, until
you expand a given topic, no messages will be shown.
3. For each folder on the View menu, set the Reading Pane to off.

One change you will notice from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 deals with
arrowing in the folder list.  You must press Enter on the folder name to
have the message list populate with messages from that folder in Outlook
2003.

If I can answer more questions once you make the switch let me know.

Thanks,

Kelly