VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 22:16:36 -0400
Vicug,

Each state has different language in their "handicapped parking" laws.

It appears as though the British and New Zealanders even call spaces
"stalls".

In no language is blindness a mobility impairment.  It might be a visual
impairment but unless you have blind eyes in your vack, legs, and feet
blindness just ain't mobility impairment!

David, you said,
"
In montgomery and baltimore counties, no one I know of has ever been
denied.

I remember a discussion of this several years ago and we were told in no
uncertain terms that we were covered by it.  I don't know why mary had
have a special law passed except that perhaps those administering the
regulations didn't know them well enough."
I say, they knew their regs just fine, Georgia isn't in the counties you're
talking about!

Mixing apples, oranges and metaphors makes quite the punch, huh?

Let's leave the handicapped parking spaces for the mobility impaired!

Let's learn to deal with our mobility difficulties with the aids we have
like canes, dogs, sighted guides, etc.  As blind persons we would do
ourselves a service this way, and get some good excercise, too!

posting from Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad