From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:05:13 -0600
Rick...

Aditionally, I built a PC for my daughter using the same motherboard (ECS
K7SOM+) and used PC133 128mb (two sticks) and tested the 8 chip sticks on
that and got exactly the same results. This was using their compatibility
selector. I did contact the tech support team at Crucial, and informed them
about the problem. Again as I said, they did send me a 4 chip stick and the
problem disappeared. They sent me an E Mail back the very next day thanking
me for the information and that they would do further testing on this
particular incident. They DID honor the company warranty, so the bottom line
is that this thread is definately NOT a slam against Crucial, indeed it's
the opposite.

The unique thing about this line of mobo is that they have two banks of
sockets for SDRAM memory, AND two banks of sockets for DDR memory, and an
incredible list of compatible sticks that may be used. You just cant use
both types together. The board supports 2gb of whichever type you settle on,
so it is no slouch, and for the all the bells and whistles onboard, and
factoring in the price, an unbelievable price.