From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:25:26 -0600
For those of you experienced with the SLD:

1. Pyruvate. Has this question ever been resolved? I.E. - why one camp
thinks too much pyruvate is the problem, and another camp seems to think we
need *more* pyruvate (supplements)? I'm no bio-chemist, but could it be
similar to the phenomenon of ingesting excess hormones causing the body to
temporarily cease manufacturing them?

2. Body fat. Anyone on the diet have your body fat tested? I assume most of
you are pretty wary of the possibility of losing lean muscle tissue, so it
certainly wouldn't hurt to get it done. If anyone has done this, please
post your results.

3. Maintenance. Does Anchell have a maintenance phase following the weight
loss phase? I'd be interested in learning what foods he deems allowable
after weight stabilization.

4. Cycling. Have any of you tried cycling between the SLD and a more normal
eating pattern? Like, maybe strict during the wee and relaxing a bit over
the weekends? I would be interested to know a) if you noticed any weight
coming back when not so strict, and b) if it made the diet a bit less
monotonous.

Thanks for any replies.