VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:00:15 -0400
Hello Megan, Leon & other interested parties.

For those of us with limited sight, ZoomText with speech can be the best of
both worlds. After using ZoomText magnifier for a few months in the early 90
's, I realized I was in need of speech if I was going to be productive with
my computer. I wasn't able to read fast enough to get anything done. I was
an extremely slow reader.

ZoomText with speech allows me to find what I need with the magnification
and read it with the speech element. We adapt the software to our needs. I
know of a ZoomText user who uses the lens window at extreme magnification
and it works for him.

The speech element acts as a feedback feature. I am able to hear what I am
seeing in order to click or select the object.  ZoomText has many features
for people to adapt for their needs. The latest and coolest feature is the
desktop finder. Not only does it list all icons on the desktop, system tray,
and everything else on the hard drive. I use it all the time to pull up
frequently used files off my hard drive.

ZoomText has helped me keep my financial independence with online banking.

Sign me a 10 plus year user of ZoomText.