From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:27:13 -0600
I'd also like to add the following... the most power I've seen running
through a mobo is 12v. The "big" power is locate inside the power supply and
so far, all of those are quite well protected. Granted, 12v is more than
enough to blanch lots of mobo components, but if you are as "novice" as you
say, it only seems logical that you will be careful when sifting around
inside the box to add a memory chip. As a quick precaution, grab onto the
frame of the box before you touch any interior components, this will safely
discharge any static that may have built up.

As I said before, dive right on in there, it's easier than you think!

Good luck,

Dean Kiley

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com