From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:25:44 -0700
On Wednesday, Apr 6, 2005, at 19:36 US/Pacific, Lynn Davis wrote:
> My diet today has consisted of:
>
> Breakfast:
>     1 cup sliced strawberries
>     1 cup sliced banana
>     1/2 small almond flour muffin
>
> Lunch:
>     1 cup sliced cucumber
>     1 medium tomato wedged
>     drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
>     dash of salt and pepper
>
> Snack:
>     handful of unsalted pistachio nuts in shell
>
> Dinner:
>     1 cup fried cabbage
>     1 cup boiled carrots
>     1  4oz. ground pork patty
>     5 small mushrooms sliced and  cooked in pan drippings
>
> Snack:
>     1  4oz. ground pork patty
>     1/4 cup fried cabbage
>
> Beverages:
>     Iced Herbal tea unsweetened
>     1 mug hot herbal tea sweetened with honey
>     water
>
> Is there anything major I have screwed up with?  I am figuring my body
> is
> just starting to go through a little withdrawl from the processed
> grains etc.   Any advice is appreciated.

I think that to get true satiation, a couple of changes might help, and
would get rid of urges, too. Two cups of fruit, and no fat or protein,
in the morning is a huge roadblock. It sets you up to be hungry as well
as crave carbs all day long. Your lunch is so meager as not to figure
into things at all. Nothing wrong with the nuts for a snack, except
they are probably not raw. And dinner looks too heavy with veg and way
too sparse on meat and fat. Another trick is to eat meat that needs
chewing; it will let you feel fuller and get more enjoyment, while the
chewing helps produce enzymes and secrete stomach acids to help with
digestion.

If you had the sweetened tea during the day when you were starved for
protein, it would have given you a sugar lift with subsequent bounce
towards more cravings.

I gather you're trying to diet. I'd starve on this amount of food, and
bonk, too. I think you should get more protein sources in there,
starting early in the day, and eat some fat, like eggs, maybe butter,
avocados, more good quality nuts, sardines and fatty fish, more olive
oil, fatty meats, untrimmed and not ground. One loses weight on this
diet because of its suitability compared to grains and sugars, not
necessarily because you are consuming less calories. In fact, you can
probably consume many more calories and still lose. Your problem here
is you're just plain hungry, even with a full stomach, because of how
you have set up your metabolism through the day to undermine you. Even
if you ate exactly the same food, I'd bet that if you ate the meat in
the morning and the fruit spread out through the day, or eaten at night
for dessert, you'd feel better.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!