From:
Karen Fechter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:42:02 -0500
Hi Adrienne,

I am sorry - I seem to have gotten two different "threads" mixed up; so I
was responding to Marylee's post in the "Satiety and Meal Frequency"
thread; please see below what she wrote. Thanks.
Karen

> Are you not hungry on only 1,200 calories a day? What percentages
> would you say are your fat, protein, and carb intake?

I'm not hungry.  I drink a lot of caffeine-free herbal tea.  I notice when
feel hungry that if I drink, the hunger goes away.  I tend to think it is
thirst that is confused with hunger.

I've also been working on losing some weight for summer which is another
reason for the 1200 calories, but I have a friend who is a competitive body
builder and personal trainer.  He recommends about the same caloric intake
for other women he trains.

Since I've been trying to lose some weight, I've been watching percentages
pretty closely.  On average, I eat in the following ranges:
Fat: 45% - 50%
Protein: 35% - 40%
Carbs: 15% - 20%

If I get a craving for sweets, then one day I will up the carbs to about
30%
or so, and let calories go up to 1,600-1,800.  I think it's good to have
some variation, and not let the body get too accustomed to a set regime.  I
do notice if I let carbs creep up very much that I get hungry between
meals.
I guess that is insulin related, but not sure.  I also lift weights 3 times
a week, and walk about 6 days a week.

Marylee