From:
Karen Fechter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:28:03 -0500
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:09:04 -0600, Kristina K. Carlton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Kristina,

Sounds like you are doing great with your exercise program. You are
dedicated and hard working - I hope you enjoy what you are doing?
Bodyfat percentage of 16 for a woman is relatively low and you are
probably as lean as you need to be. You could try to figure out how to put
some more muscle on your legs and butt if you feel a little too loose in
the lower body. The legs are large muscle groups - they need a lot of work
to firm up. Also, women tend to store fat in the thigh and buttock area.
It can be hard to get rid of that fat - my body has always wanted to keep
some
 fat there even when I have been very lean - it is the last fat to go
on my body. Somehow it is OK - it is kind of sexy to have a little extra
in that department; makes us look different from men.

You could consider working your legs twice a week (in the weight room)
instead of doing your usual routine. Just for fun - try something
different. Let the upper body rest a little and focus on your legs and
buttocks. Don't be afraid to go heavy - your thighs and butt are going to
look much smaller when they have more muscle and less fat. Your weight
might go up but your body shape will change to a leaner more curvatious
look.

Many women are afraid of packing on muscle - they do an awful lot of
cardio in order to burn fat. I think working out with heavy weight burns a
lot of calories (fat included) and the muscle tissue continues to burn
calories even when you rest. Most women don't pack on muscle very easily